Sunday, August 07, 2005

Another Lesson Re-Learned

Years ago I bought a scad of baby yarn that wasn't really considered varigated, but rather flowed from one colorway to another. I was in my baby buy phase. That phase when I bought every baby pattern book that came along. And at that time, I bought about three sweaters worth of the yarn. It has cured in a plastic bin in the basement with one sweater all done but sewing up and adding rib and buttons. Another was up to the underarm still on the really long straight needle with the yarn there just waiting for me to come back to it. And then there were/are several more balls just sitting there waiting.....

So, when I discovered that I needed two sweaters for the 17th for the first set of twin babies due, I decided to knit some of it up. I started knitting the hooded sweater, not really wanting to be doing it, but knowing I had to. (Who said I had to? Oh, I remember, someone at work thought I would be knitting something.)

Last night, I made it to the hood, the whole time just not liking it a all. I didn't like the way the stitches looked, I didn't like the colors were looking, and I really thought it looked it odd. So, what did I do? I cut it loose! Threw the yarn that was attached and all of the scraps along with the sweater itself away. It just was not ever going to look good! So I tossed it and the one that was up to the arm away too!

Sometimes, you just have to listen to yourself and not to others and cut it loose! So now maybe I'll just knit up some stay on booties, maybe a little hat (even though I know she will get one when they go out of the hospital) and then buy something!!

Chalk it up to another lessone re-learned. And now I can get back to what I really wanted to be knitting on!

No comments: