Thursday, February 09, 2006

I'm Ready!


I've done my gauge swatch and lo and behold the first time, I got gauge without going up or down a needle size! Tomorrow at 7:00 p.m., I will cast on Arnhild's Lace Poncho during the Opening Ceremonies and hopefully 16 days later it will be done. I'd like to think I can finish it early and work on a couple of WIPS out of the basket too, but perhaps that is a lofty ambition!

The Pyth Jacket is almost done. I am working on the front band and then just need to decide if I want to put the narrow bands around the bottom and sleeves. I have a ton of yarn left and have an idea of what I want to use for, I just need to see if I can locate about 600 yds in the black to go with it! I have not tried it on yet, so I don't have a clue on fit yet! Chicken?? You bet! After this much time, trouble and $! Like I said yesterday to my lunch time knitting buddies, it might make a nice sit around at home sweater! I hope not, but what will be will be right?!

No comments: