Thursday, May 31, 2012

While Waiting

Somedays, it just doesn't pay to try and knit.  The start of the week did not bring much productive knitting.  Seems like everytime, I tried to knit on something for the baby, I ran out of yarn.

 First, I tried finishing the baby kimono, but ran out of yarn.  Hopefully, I'll be able to find a skein of this pink DK Comfort this weekend over in Morton.  I bought this lonely skein at least a year and a half ago.  So the prospects don't look all that good, but one never knows.  Worst comes to worst, I do have some brown that I'll rip back this to before the sleeves and make a two color one out of.

For the first time ever, I tried doing the three needle icord bind off on the Tweed Baby Blanket.  I really like the technique, but this is going to take awhile to get around all four sides.  Unfortunately, I only have enough of the silver to do it in, and after giving it a few inches, decided thats not really what I want for the bindoff.


I've ordered another skein of the lilac and the brown from Jimmy Beans Wool out in Vegas.  I'll use the lilac for the bind off.  With the rest of it and the lilac, I have a mind to knit the Saartje booties and maybe the Surprise Sweater to go with.

While waiting for the yarn to come, I thought I would haul out my Long Collared Coat and work on it.  In a fit, I started to give it up and rip out the yarn, until my other kinder, gentler side told me to just let it sit. 

After looking at Ravelry finished projects, I decided to give it another try.  It's amazin what a little distance from a project can do. I figured it the handful of people on Ravelry have finished it that, certainly, I could as well.  I have said it before Knit One Knit All is not a book, you just sit down and knit from.  It requires a little thinking too.  It's more of a study in knitting and not for the faint of heart. 

And I love it.

No comments: