Saturday, September 14, 2013

Finished Friday .

In April, I had a nice long week off where I did just what I wanted to. Made some trips to my local yarn shops and knitted.  This little gem, Kudo is what I bought to make another Knitting Pure and Simple Sumer Cardigan.  The yarn just looked so summery!


I knitted on it for a while and then it was set aside for most of the Summer while other things were being knitted.  After, I finished my Sierra Quatro top, I decided to knit one more of my Summer WIPS. I thought it would take me just another week, but I got kind of bored with it, and really didn't knit on it for a couple of days.  I was really wanting to cast on something new, but I stuck with my original decision to knit WIPS until Autumn officially starts.  And besides, it was almost 100 degrees here in Central IL.  I figured I would have plenty of time to knit and wear it.


I will still be able to wear it now that it is finished.  I don't really think that these below 70 degree days we are going to have in the next few days are really here to stay.  I am pretty stoked now that this one is done.  It feels so good to finish something, strike it from the list and post both here and on Ravelry in my projects.

I changed this pattern up a bit, adding considerable length to the bottom  and making the sleeves 3/4 length. All of the bands on the sweater have seed stitch rather than the ribbing that does nothing for me on this sweater.  The pattern had you do some decreases in the waist which I did, but I also did the increases too to take care/hide those pesky hips.


The sweater has all kinds of possibilities for wearing of tanks underneath as there are so many colors to choose from it's pallet.  

So, that is the end of my Summer Sweaters for this year.  I am pulling a couple more WIPS out now that are most definitely for Fall!  I love progress.

No comments: