Wednesday, June 08, 2016

Wednesday WIPS

Ok, Ok, I'll say it again, I've got a few WIPS on the needles.  And yes, some of them are shawls.

This week's Wednesday WIP is my Three Color Cashmere Shawl from Joji Locatelli.  I can say it is on the down hill slide.  I've only got the rest of the picot bind off.



I'm liking this picot bind off.  I have never actually done a picot bind off, and it is not as fast as a normal bind off, but I think it is going to be very interesting on the edge.


This shawl has been fun to watch the Willy Wonka color ways evolve and yes, they are quite loud, but I'm looking forward to wearing this one.  When asked what I would wear it with, I immediately said black, but, now I can so many possibilities that it can be worn over.  I've got a lime green top, a brown top, a hot pink one, oy, they are endless.

It won't make Finally Finished Friday, but it will be ready to block by then.   The ends are pretty much woven end, so once it blocks I'll just clip them off and they will fade into the stitching.  I started doing that just recently.  I weave the ends in but don't clip.  Then, once it is dunked and dried, I clip them off then.  That way I don't have to re-clip them after blocking, which gives them a chance to settle in.



This has been a fun knit, but I am anxious to move onto another Shawl WIP, I just have to decide which one that will be.

Happy Hump Day Knitters!

No comments: