Monday, April 08, 2019

One of my goals for 2019 was to use my stash.  But, I did tell myself that, I could buy yarn, only if I needed something for a specific project that was not in my stash.  


I really tried to use my stash for Sunshine Coast by Heidi Kirrmaier, and used the ideas that Ravelry suggested for it from my stash.  The problem was, all of the suggestions that Ravelry had, that were of a cotton type,  there  wasn't enough of any of them.  Or if there was enough yardage, they were much too wintry for it.

I knew that I wanted some sort of Summer yarn for it.  I would have used Revive again, but unfortunately, it is no longer being made.  I opted for going to my local yarn shop, The Fiber Universe to see what they had.  After a bit of help, Erin and I picked this one out, Queensland Savanah.  It has the feel of Revive and I think it will be a good yarn for it.

I was drawn immediately to the green, because it was the closest I could get to the picture on the pattern. It wasn't until I was home with it did I realize that it is almost the exact same color as my Pickpocket sweater from this past Winter.  I'm not sad about it, now I'll have the color for two seasons.

I am anxious to cast on, despite Veronika still waiting in the wings.

No comments: