Monday, September 20, 2021

Mail Call Monday!

It's always the best of mail in March and September, when my Wool Gathering from Schoolhouse Press comes into my mailbox.  I sit it aside, wait for a bit of quiet time, then grab a cuppa and kick back to enjoy.  It didn't disappoint.  


In anticipation of Fall/Winter Sweater knitting, I knitted a bit of a swatch using Unspun Icelandic, playing with adding mohair and then suri alpaca to it, trying one strand, two strands of just unspun and changing up the needle sizes.

I have been watching other knitters add the mohair to the unspun and they seemed to love it, so I really wanted to give it a try as well.  Result?  Not a fan, or maybe I just didn't have the right combo for it all to align.

I placed markers in my swatch each time I did something different in my swatch, and wrote it down in my knitting journal, so I could have it for later.


At this writing, I am still unsure what the unspun will be, it may be a version of the sweater in the new Wool Gathering, or something from Knitting Workshop, as I start thinking about continuing on with my journey with EZ.


I've got some time to think about it, as I finish a sweater on the needles. 

Hope you all have a great week ahead as we look towards Fall!


 

No comments: