Sunday, July 31, 2022

So Long July


Whew.  What a month!  It's been hot here in Central Illinois this month, but then again it is July! 

As a kid, July meant our annual vacation to Minnesota was over and back-to-school was just around the corner.

  I loved those vacations way up North, on the lake, swimming, fishing, boating, watching the fish being cleaned.  Yes, I said watching the fish being cleaned in the fish house.  Mom didn't care for it so much because I always came back to the cabin with fish scales all over me, but I loved it.

There was also a festival during those vacations called Muskie Days where there would be carnival rides, polka dancing in the street and all kinds of fun things going on.  Oh, those memories are so dear.

I just got home today from a fantastic little jaunt up to Chicago to attend a mini meet-up with knitters.  I'll blog about it next week and podcast about it, but let's just say it was a whole lot of fun, very reminiscent  of those July vacations.  New memories are being made.

Today is the  last square for the month in my cozy memory blanket.  


Bring on August!
 

No comments: