Thursday, September 19, 2024

Real World Pig Problems

 So, over a year ago, I promised my youngest granddaughter a pig or two.  I started on a much smaller one from the Mouche book (it is still a WIP).  It is a small pig and come to find out, my granddaughter wanted a bit larger one (like her current, well worn, piggy)

So, I went on a hunt for a larger pig pattern.  Who would have known that it would be so hard to find a pattern, but finally I did.  What I did not realize until after I bought and cast on, was that this piggy has to be sewn up...and if you know me well, you know that I dislike intensely sewing up, but, hey, its for a grandchild and they asked for it and this knitter grandma always tries to accommodate when asked by grands.

This past weekend when over there, I thought perhaps I should take some pics of the well loved pig.  What I discovered is that it has darker pink feet/hooves and hands/hooves!   


And here is one of the pig problems...

I've already knit one leg and cast on for the second and not with darker pink.

Ok, so not a super big problem, I can rip the first leg out and the bit that I have cast on for the second leg, but, the darker pink is in limited supply~

Most importantly of all, the piggy has to have a darker pink tail!!

So, much as I dislike it, I am going to finish sewing up the body, stuff him really well, and do his tail, then tackle the dark pink situation and go on the hunt for something close at my local LYS tomorrow, just in case.

Real World 🐽 Problems for this Grandma!  Stay tuned!

No comments: