Wednesday, September 11, 2024

These Musselburgh Hats

 I'm infatuated with these Musselburgh hats!  This one has had my attention on the front porch a lot this week.

I wanted to see what adding the stripes to the hat would look like a couple of days ago, also playing with helical knitting with stripes.  Lets just say, I am still trying to find the perfect technique.



It's a bit hot out this afternoon on the porch which required a tall glass of water.  I loved adding just a few stripes on the first half of the hat.


But, I have made the decision to limit them to the first half of the hat.  That way the recipient can make the decision as to whether they want a strip hat or a solid had and can choose to tuck either of them into the hat.



Staying with tucking for a moment, check this out!  My yarn can be contained inside the hat for knitting!  Its going with me on a small weekend trip for grandparents day and watch some grands play baseball/softball!


The perfect project!  Can't wait to cast on another one soon!


No comments: