I do love the change of seasons, and thankfully, I live in Illinois where we get all the seasons. Yes, I always am rushing the season for the next one, and unfortunately, the change of seasons reminds me, especially Summer and into Fall, how quickly time passes by.
This month, a dear knitting friend passed away, way too soon. Another friend from long ago, lost her husband, and my niece lost her grand father. These are the reminders that we should enJOY the time we have, the seasons and life!
So, lets look at life in September here at Chez PJKnits--
I love the weather we have had the last few days, sunshine and barely making it up into the mid 70s, but still warm enough to wear Summer sweaters before heading into transitional knitted sweaters. This Magna Flora from earlier this Summer, and perfect for heading out to knit with friends yesterday.
A little cooler temps, and the sun setting earlier, brings out the cuppa, the candle (pumpkin scented), knitting on a WIP and a stroupwaffel, courtesy of my dear friend, Brenda.
September brings a new issue of Wool Gathering from Schoolhouse Press, and this vest is definitely on my list. Many years ago at Knitting Camp, I tried on the pullover version of this vest, and I loved everything about it.
Even though, the temps were a bit warmer on the start of Autumn 2026, Snoopy was ready on his pumpkin, and yes, I started decorating my house appropriately.
Early morning from the porch, bring in some amazing skies, even if the sun isn't rising as early as Summer brought us.
A second Holiday Sweater cast on happened. Not sure I will get this one done by our KAL finish up at Thanksgiving, but I am hopeful.
I switched my original plan up and of course, ordered new yarn in very Christmas colors. I am so stoked at my colors!!
I have finally made it to the sleeves on my Lujza! I am so ready for this one to be done!! Why, because all the knits are calling me, are they you as well??
There is still Musselburgh #20 going on for knitting on the front porch, hoping this will get done before porch knitting goes away in November.
I'll hold out taking the Spring/Summer off of the porch for as long as I can, because cool temps don't keep me from sitting out there even when there is a chill. (I've got sweaters). I will take the cushions off and give them a good wash and dry later in October when the temps will dry them out.
And pumpkins will be on the door.Goodbye September--today the last day, brought rain. Oh well, see you in October.


No comments:
Post a Comment