Sunday, February 26, 2012

Back From Madison

What a great Knit Away Weekend in Madison.  What a great bunch of knitters. 

I'll show pics later this week of some cool yarns and patterns that I added to my yarn room.  I am so excited to start them!  Also, I'll show you what I finished.  My Fundamentally Faroese Shawl I.  So many things to talk about.

We visited three yarn shops and two of them, I made two trips to. 

My fave stop for coffee is Sow's Ear in Verona.  The Mocha/Carmel -o.  More like a treat than coffee.

My new fave shop in Madison - The Knitting Tree.  Jackie and her staff took our invasion in stride and set up a 30% sale for us or so she told us.  The Knitting Tree has some great yarns.  Not your average yarns, but Rowan, Sublime, Scrumptious, Berroco, and more. 

They have some great samples that are stylish.  Best of all the staff is most helpful on what looks good on you.  I appreciate that in a yarn shop.  Of course, I am sure they appreciated our $$.

I have tomorrow off so I get to take the day to enjoy my new stuff and hopefully get out and get some pics of it all.

No comments: