Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Tuesday Tip

This is not an original tip, but one that the ladies from 3 Ply Podcast reminded me of recently.  

Back in the day when I totally would not knit from a chart, I used index cards.  I would write out each row of the chart on a card and then flip the index card when starting a new row.  It got me through a lot of lace and even the different rows of socks decreases.



I used a block of wood with a slit in it that I bought at Schoolhouse Press years ago to hold the cards up so I could see them when I was sitting at a table. 

 The block of wood was really for holding up the metal chart holder, but I found it came in handy for my index cards too.

Then, I happened upon these spiral index cards which were super cool because they sit up all by themselves.


Fast forward to the reminder on the 3 Ply Podcast where the tip came up again, and I remembered I still had one of these sets of spiral bound index cards in my drawer.  This time I pulled it out to write some pesky rows on the Party Top sweater pattern, so that when I was at Knitting Camp of out in public knitting, I could easily look down even when in conversation, keep track of where I was supposed to be.

Perfect!  





No comments: