Monday, July 08, 2019

What Are You Knitting?

It has been a hectic Summer so far, and right now, I am gearing up for Knitting Camp later this week. 
I am planning my projects to take, while trying to finish one last sweater to have to wear, my Sunshine Coast.  At this writing, I am on the second sleeve, and trying to get it done by tomorrow night so I can block on Wednesday and be all set for Thursday, when Linda and I take off for Wisconsin.





Last week, I ordered a new to me yarn, Julie Asselin Leizu DK,  so that I could participate in the Cadyjax Party Top KAL. It was an impulse buy and in my quest to knit some really cool sweaters, I just did it.  I love the yarn!!!  

 The Party Top is a cropped sweater (something I just don't think I should try carrying off)  with negative ease, (something I will not wear)   And as a woman in her early (gasp, how did that happen) 60's and also a woman with hips ( I know how that happened), it is not a look I want to pull off, but as a knitter I can make mods to still participate in the knitting of it.  


So, I cast it on last week, just to get it started so I could get a feel for the pattern.  The pattern is easy enough, but could be a bit clearer in the directions, as others have brought up on Ravelry.  I am anxious to knit on it next along with my Shadow Shawl that hasn't had much love lately for knitting on the Sunshine Coast.  But, it too will go with me to Camp.



As well as a couple of Cowls for the 40 Months 40 Cowls project.  One must always have a contingency plan for travel knitting projects, don't you think?!











No comments: