Wednesday, November 27, 2019

A Little Sweater

You all know I am a planner, right?  So, it should be no surprise that I had to sit down and plan this sweater knit.

First the yarn.  A new to me yarn I picked up at Stitches Midwest in August.  


Another simple knit, but with a trend that has been going on all Spring and Summer, (mohair held with finger weight yarn) that I am finally jumping on, even though, the great Gianni Versace said
 " Don't be into trends.  Don't make fashion own you, but you decide what you are, what you want to express by the way you dress and the way you live."

I am going for it again as I do like the soft feel of mohair, we will see how the wearability is of it against skin.


 But first, I had to calculate centimeters to inches, and decide which size I needed to knit since there is a lot of ease in these patterns (another trend of the Spring and Summer).


And then to swatch!


I had heard about this quick swatching technique at knitting camp, but this is the first time I actually did it.

Amazingly simple and quick.  I am so glad I used it!  Not my usual big swatch, but I'm adapting.


Cast on!


Look at the halo on this mohair, can you stand it?


After a few short rows and the yoke of the sweater, I am off on the body, which goes on forever.  I have went down a couple of sizes of needles in the waist, and now back out a bit for the hips.
The progress keeper was a birthday gift, and I love seeing it every time I come around to it.


And currently, I am on my last sleeve, and hope to have a Finally Finished Friday object for you later this week!

No comments: