Tuesday, August 18, 2020

Tuesday Tip - Markers

When I am knitting a triangular shawl which requires increases on the right side only, I place a red marker at the start of the right side row to mark where the first increase is to be.  This lets me know right away as I start the row, that I have to stop and think about what needs to be done at the very start.


The rest of the markers are the same colors so I know where the increases are supposed to be done.  These markers are never red, so they also let me know on the wrong side of the shawl that it is just plain knitting with no increases.

I also place a locking stitch marker on the right side of the shawl as I am knitting it, so by looking down at my knitting, I always know when I am on the right side, especially in the case of this Hospice Shawl I am designing  which has some garter stitch in it.

Have a great Tuesday, enjoy this August sunny day!

No comments: