Saturday, September 05, 2020

Normally

I would have been dancin my way home from work last night, looking forward to a three day weekend, anticipating enjoying it, and planning the next steps in my knitting.

Well, most of that is still the same, the difference is I'm not working, but I am still dancin.  It's a long weekend, and for most the official end to Summer.  Our Summer of Shawls is still going on, but to be perfectly honest, shawls really for me are a year round option.  Just because, come Tuesday, that we shouldn't be wearing white (is that still a thing?), I will still be knitting on some shawls, and I have some Fall options that I want to knit.  I'll share those next week.

This morning, I did a bit of cleanup on three  Summer WIPs, Sugar Maple, the Shadow Shawl and Margate.  I thought about how much of each them still needed to be done and came to the realization that there was no way they would be finished to wear more than once before we transition into real Fall.  So, I packed them each up with a posty note with where I was on the pattern, knit one row on each onto a Knit Picks needle so I would have my Chiagoos back, and made a note on a pad as to where they would be put for next year knitting.  Come Marchish, it is my intention to bring them back out and really get to knitting on them so they are ready for wearing next year.  You know kind of like retail stores, where the Christmas ornaments come out in July.  That is where I would like to be with my knitting for the future, ready for the season when it comes rather than knitting as the season slips away.

I would like that to be what I do in the future, normally.

I hope you are having a great Labor Day weekend and thinking about your next steps in knitting.

 

No comments: