Friday, September 18, 2020

Finally Finished Friday

 It's chilly today in Central Illinois, and I have the last of my Summer Sweaters finished, blocked and I'm hoping to get a wearing out of it before I pack it away.


The final installment for Summer 2020 is the short sleeve version of Ranunculus.  I lengthened mine, added a rib, sleeves plus did some modifications on the body to have a bit more ease as I went towards the hip.


The yarn is from Cake Wool in the Captain Phil color way (of the Deadliest Catch, Captain Phil).  It was my first time using a slub yarn. 




 I had been a bit on the fence with it, because of a couple of spots around the neck cast on that wormed, but I am thinking now it was operator error and not a fault of the yarn.

After wearing it a bit today, I am definitely putting both the slub and the fingering weight yarn back on my future knitting list.  It felt yummy to wear it and I think maybe a long sleeve sweater might be in my future.

No comments: