Friday, September 11, 2020

Sleuthing Out Your Next Sweater Knit

How to sleuth out your next sweater knit?  

Look in your closet, are there sweaters in there and if so:

What do I like about them?

Why do they fit me so well?

Measure a sweater or a sweatshirt that fits you. I did this years ago, with a red sweatshirt. Look at the schematics of the sweater you are thinking about knitting.  Compare the measurements on your favorite sweater or sweatshirt, and use those  measurements into the knitting of your new sweater.

Get accurate measurements.  Have a good friend measure you.  Keep in mind, these are your true measurements, not your wannabe measurements!

Look at ready-to-wear and  if you feel like you can, go out and shop, or do what I do, use those catalogs you get in the mail:

Use them as inspiration for your sweaters, not only for the styles, but colors that can be used together in your next knit.  

I do this all the time, cutting out pictures, saving posts in Instagram to folders showing styles and colors.  I have a binder that I keep them in.  I particularly like to use them, for inspiration of styling them!

If you are able to, how about trying them on.  Are they a fit for you?

Take your handy dandy measuring tape out and measure the garment.  Use the measurements in your new knit.

With the cooler temps this week in Central Illinois, I am getting excited about knitting Fall sweaters, are you?



No comments: