Monday, December 21, 2020

Advent Updates

 Christmas is just four days away.  Can you believe it? As a kid, I couldn't wait, but then every kid says that, don't they?  I'm still excited, and tonight, after sunset, hopefully, we will be able to see something amazing in the sky!

But, for today, let's catch  up on my two Advent Calendar projects.

The Cozy Knitter Socks are coming along, but with just five days left, I do not see where I will have a whole pair done and ready to wear Christmas Day, so maybe they will be New Years socks instead.

About a week ago, I stopped knitting on my Adventurous Wrap by Ambah O'Brien out of the Sun Valley Fiber Advents.  What happened was that  I opened up the first of what I knew was going to be five days of shades of gold.  In keeping with my pattern, they would have been right next to the blues and I just was not feeling that.

So, I opened the rest of the Advents to see where we were going. 😩

I decided after talking to several knitting friends to just stop knitting on the wrap and use the Advent for something else at a future date.

Which I did, until, I received a new top as a Christmas gift from a friend.  When I opened the gift, I remarked that wouldn't it be nice if I knit a shawl to go with it. In my mind, I thought I would check my stash/personal yarn shop and see if I had anything to go with it, and if not, it would be an ideal time to support my local yarn shop.

Then, while in the shower (where I do my best thinking), it hit me!  Hmmm, I need to check the start of my Advent wrap, I think those colors might just go with it.


Perfect, right?!  


And it even has a bit of gold in it, so I am back at it.





Sometimes, it pays to just put something in time out and not immediately rip!



No comments: