Saturday, July 03, 2021

So


This is why I have been away.

Late on  Father's Day evening, during an armed robbery, the oldest of our twin sons, was shot several times, while in the line of duty as a sheriff's deputy.  He is doing much better this week,  He has a long recovery ahead of him.

But, we are very grateful that he will recover, ever thankful for his bullet proof vest, the quick action of emergency personnel, the doctors etc that treated him.

We have been able to see him several times and I can report that he looks and sounds good.

It's been quite a couple of weeks, not only for us, but for his wife and children.

I cannot tell you how emotional I get, when I see  and hear about all of the support that he has from those at his work, church, community and far flung places.  And that my knitting community has prayed, offered help and been there for us.  It's amazing and gives me faith in a world, where a person can have so little regard for human life as to try and take another human being's life.

For me, there have been times of the worst case scenario and letting my thoughts get away from me. But, then I look to God, positive thoughts, friends and family for help and some calmness.

And my knitting. Plain ole garter stitch.  Elizabeth Zimmermann said it best "Knit on, with confidence and hope, through all crisis"


We are currently at home as we are pretty sure the next week will bring our 4th grandchild into the world, from our youngest twin son. We can hardly wait to meet him! 

So.

We are so blessed. And so many reasons to be thankful.






No comments: