Wednesday, January 05, 2022

Brrrr!

 It's cold and windy today, so I pulled a sweater out of the vault to wear today, since we have to be out for a couple of appointments today.

Suspender Sweater by Elizabeth Zimmermann.  I knit this one many years ago, so far back that I don't have a project page in Ravelry for it.


I do remember that I tried one on at Knit Camp, bought Berroco Alpaca for it at that camp and knit it specifically to the measurements of the one that I tried on since it fit me to a T.  My memory also reminds me that it was the first year that Schoolhouse Press started carrying a softer yarn than their rustic ones and Berroco.

Suspender Sweater can  be found in Schoolhouse Press' book, Knit One Knit All, Wool Gathering #21 if you have it, or from Spun Out #26 which is where I knit my original one.

Not a knit out of the vault, but one as part of my #ezandpj project I started last year, a hat from Knitting Around, also out of Berroco Alpaca. It's perfect for keeping the ears and head warm these days.


Pull out your knits and wear them is my mantra these days as we venture out during the week, where Winter is definitely made an appearance!



No comments: