Thursday, January 06, 2022

WIPS for Every Possible Contingency

 Do you have WIPS for every possible place and time you might need one? 

I do.

My Chelsea Luxe Advent resides upstairs in what I am now calling my knitting room, since last Fall.  Its my escape knitting retreat these days.



Also residing up there, is a sock WIP that I told myself I must knit on for an hour a day, usually at the end of the day while watching or listening to audio.  The deal is I want to finish this pair of socks so I can cast on a new pair out of a stripey yarn that I am dying to cast on.

So far, into day 5, I've been keeping up.  


I have a sweater that is reserved for when I can get to my local yarn shop to knit on Fridays (right now, I am not because I am a bit paranoid about not being around anyone who could possibly have come in contact with any illnesses). This sweater is Ground Pepper and out of yarn that I purchased at the shop, and I feel like I should knit on yarn purchased there whenever possible, while taking up space.


One of my plans for 2022 is to knit on gift yarn, so I cast on Chelsea's Cowl recently out of the Paca Peds yarn I got from Brenda for Christmas.  This is a pretty mindless knit and while on Zoom Knitting times, I am knitting on it.

My tote around WIP from several years back is the Something Gradient Comes This Way Wrap.  Its just now getting some love while I wait for the Tall Guy at appointments or at night after dinner, as the downstairs project, now that I've added the last of squares to the 2021 width of my Cozy Memories Blanket, (more about that later this week on Sunday Scrappy)


And finally, the car project.  This one always stays in the back seat, just in case I walk out without the above WIP.







What about you?  Do you have projects for various contingency plans?  And if that is a no, why not???


No comments: