Monday, April 18, 2022

Monday Mash-Up

 A little bit of everything this Monday.

I felt the need to cast on a cape for my oldest grandson as requested, a "Darth Vader" black cape.  I am using Shalalines Design SuperHero Cape.  It's a lot of garter, and like a lot of Shana's designs has some twists and turns.  I will keep you posted on the progress.

And I am using my super cute Snoopy progress keepers I received from knitting friend, Anastasia


A funny thing happened last week.  

I have an app on my phone so that I can see what mail and packages are being delivered every day.  And one of the packages that was supposed to have been delivered to my mail box on Thursday, but I didn't really know that it had not been delivered until the next day.  

I was getting a bit hot and bothered that it wasn't in our mail, and ready to blame the sub postman...
and figure out how I was going to go about finding it.

On Friday, I was going out to straighten our little yard flag, when I happened to glance to the bushes, seeing a white package, and thinking, another bag was flying around...you know where I am going, don't you?

Upon closer look, it was my little package of yarn, which after a very windy day had blown off of the porch where the sub mailman had laid it on top of another box.  Rescued.

The yarn, I am hoping is going to be a Hedwig, from the Harry Potter book, for my youngest grandson's birthday in July.  It's a Harry Potter theme party, I hear.


Not only was yesterday Easter, but it was also Scrappy Sunday.  This week's installment features, my Easter mug that my darling local daughter-in-law, gifted me last weekend.


And finally, I am really trying my hardest to remember this little ditty with Snoopy, this week.  


Have a great week, and here at Chez PJKnits, it looks like by Thursday, Spring will officially be here and the 70's return.  And just maybe the front porch can get opened for the knitting season.

Fingers crossed.

No comments: