Monday, June 03, 2024

A Project For Knitting At My LYS

So, I am wondering, do you have multiple projects on the needles and do you work on them in specific places?  For example, today's post is my knit for when we are knitting inside my local yarn shop this Summer when it is raining outside or too hot to sit by the river to knit.

It's a sweater for Fall and into the Winter, and both the yarn and the book from where the pattern came from is my local yarn shop.  The owner of the shop is okay with us knitting on non store yarns, but, I feel like sometimes, I need to be knitting on yarns that I have purchased there.


The yarn is Jody Long, Alba and the pattern is Helmi by Isabell Kraemer from the 52 Weeks of Easy Knits Book by Laine Publishing.  I purchased the body color way last year for a totally different sweater, but just have not been into it for what I originally was going to use it for.


The pattern is super easy, neckdown, with slip stitches for the yoke.  You have to look close for the little green nubbs to show, but after blocking, they will show just a little bit more.



 It didn't take long to get the slip stitch portion done of the yoke, so now, just a lot of knitting, which I am just fine with, as I don't need it til later this year and it serves a knitting purpose.



I am often asked how I finish so many sweaters?  I will let you dear reader in on the secret--
I have multiple sweaters on the needles, and so when they get finished it appears like I am a knitting fiend, but shhh, don't tell anyone.







No comments: