I've been test knitting periodically for Beth MacDonald Stone the last couple of years, taking some time off from that as well, the last couple of months, but decided to test knit one of her Bandanas from the current collection for her, just to keep my name in the mix.
The Bandana, Pass to Center is a bandana, done in mosaic knitting. I've played around with mosaic, but never really knitted anything in it. It seems like right now, there is a lot of mosaic knitting being incorporated into shawls and sweaters, along with the sweaters done in slipped stitches (Andrea Mowry's Rhinebeck Sweater for 2026)
I pulled a shawl kit from PYS (Penny's Yarn Shop, also known as stash). The yarn is Stunning String Studio's Stunning Superwash and was a gift years back.
I am not sure after knitting even this small of a knit, that mosaic knitting is for me. It's a lot of work, or maybe it was just that I was under a time crunch (not because of the designer, but of me, the ultimate procrastinator) and had another test knit that I had signed up to do starting almost right after I should have finished the bandana test knit, but I was certainly wishing towards the end, that the knitting fairy would have come in the middle night and knit some of it for me.
As I was nearing the end, I really did fall back in like with the design, loved the way the yarns looked together and know that when we get into late Fall, early Winter, I'll be sporting it.


No comments:
Post a Comment