Tuesday, May 28, 2019

The Weekend's Progress

It was a very nice relaxing weekend, despite, the rain and the sun who fought for attention.

I planned a nice weekend with no obligations, and that is pretty much what we have had.  I haven't went anywhere since coming home last Friday.  I managed to get most of the laundry done on Saturday, so the rest of the weekend, I could do a bit of cleaning, picking up and planning next projects. The weather cooperated a bit here in there so I could get a sweater washed and a couple of cowls blocked.


Sunday was the Indy 500 and is my tradition, I plunk myself down in front of the t.v. with my knitting and some coffee.  No one bother me during the race!  It is a tradition I have had since the 70's since we stopped going to the race.  As a kid, I wanted to be a race car driver in the Indy or the very least in high school, I wanted to get a job at the track.  So, it is a tradition that I observe every year.


During the race, I felt the need to cast on another project for the Girls Holiday Bash, just for fun.  



This was is not a cowl or a scarf but rather a triangle neck scarf that was so much fun to knit.  The fluffy little mohair in it, is so dang soft!


I didn't get a whole bunch done during the race, but enough.  It is back in its own bag for now, and I'll bring it out in a couple of weeks to knit some more on.  For now, it was just fun to knit a bit on it.


Yesterday, we had more clouds, rain, sun, rain, sun, wind, clouds and a bit more rain, so I tossed around a few ideas on something to knit with these four yarns.


I really thought that they wanted to be a wrap.  I seem to be having a love affair with wraps these days, but someone on Instagram raised a possible knit for them, and so, well, you know me, I am game.  I'll show more as it evolves.

And finally, remember that project I said I was going to knit on during the holiday weekend.  Yes, I did, in between wandering back and forth between fluffy yarn and summer colors for a shawl.  I am a little more than a third of the way done, so with a couple of more weeks to go, I should be able to have this one done.





Today, it was back to work, but, there are only three more work days left, I think I can make it through it.  Have a great last week of May!!

No comments: