Friday, August 06, 2021

Finally Finished Friday

 A couple of finished items this week.

First up, Sweet Little Nothing by Susan DeBettignes


A pretty quick knit when you concentrate on just one knit.


I had a skein of Knit Circus Greatest of Ease in Mermaid Lagoon.  I wasn't sure at the start, but I thought perhaps eventually, I would have the blues in it too.


It didn't happen that way. By the time I got to the 400 plus stitches, there was just a bit of blue starting.


I am super pleased with the green and just a bit of blue.  A departure for me, but I think it still looks pretty good on my dress.


I also finished a Summer Top.  I made a few mods to fit me, doing a rib on both the sleeves and hem, changed up the increase. 




Since the yarn was self striping, I had to cut chunks of the yarn to have it somewhat match the body for the sleeves, resulting in a few more ends that I wanted.



The T is knit in the round, and so I added a slip stitch to the center front to change it up a bit, away from just a straight stockinette top.

 

Both knits this week were from deep stash, which is one of my goals for 2021 to use stash a bit more. ✅



















No comments: