Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Feeling Antsy

Ever had that feeling where you just needed to get out of the house?  After a super rainy day yesterday, today was a sunny day and I knew this afternoon, that I just needed to get out of the house and sit in the sun.  Right before I headed out, I turned around and picked up my knitting.

I headed out to our park, where we have a lagoon that attracts walkers, fishers and geese/ducks.  

The ducks have taken over certain spots for sure, and when walking, one really needs to look down to make sure you don't step in their poop on the sidewalk.


I found a nice bench on the North side this afternoon to enjoy the sun, the water and my knitting.

After awhile I walked back the other way, and took some pictures of things around the lagoon, including the Pavilion that hosted a lot of things over the years, including my niece's wedding a couple of years back.

Back in my parents day, it was my understanding that it was open and served refreshments in the Winter when they would ice skate on the frozen lagoon. It is not used for that anymore, only for special occasions, but it is cool to see in the Winter.  We will save that for Winter.  

My walk found these monuments that I never ever saw before, and I am glad that our city put them there as a tribute.


I finished up my walk, enjoying the sparkle of the sun on the waves.


The blueness of the water along with the realization of all the colors, 


That Fall is definitely here.


I am hoping to take some more walks in the park, before Winter sets in.















No comments: