Saturday, January 28, 2023

And Suddenly It's A Saturday

 How does that happen?  Usually, that is the kind of thing that happens in the Summer, not in these long Winter weeks.  I turn around and it is a Saturday and I realize I have spent most all of the days for almost a week alone.  And I don't say that as a bad thing, because this past week has been one of those weeks where I just did not want to go out.  And when I mean out, I mean to see people.  I did go out several times this week to shovel the snow we got a couple of times, and I was content also to grocery shop a couple of times, But, for the most part, I was happy to just stay in with myself.

So, what have I been up to this week?

Well, I fixed myself a nice cuppa with some bourbon cream in it instead of regular creamer...but I did wait until mid afternoon and after shoveling a few inches of snow...hence the snowman in the picture below.


I did some planning on a couple of transitional sweaters that I want to knit before Spring gets here in March, so that I can wear them in the season and not be knitting on them IN the season.


I continued to slog through the knitting of the rib on Yume, where is the knitting fairy when you need her? I finally finished reading the second to last book in a series that is out by Diana Gabaldon that  I have been trying to read for at least the 2 1/2 years, and I swatched for my next sweater to be cast on.  Even blocked it!

I was going to swatch the second one above, but exercised some patience (who are we talking about, me??) and  decided that it can wait for a bit, since I am not 100% sure that I will get a chance to knit it this Spring.  No, really.  Can you believe that out of me?  I am surprising even myself.


Needed a bit of a break from the rib, so I knit a bit on Aise for Hospice and started the next book in the series, even though I told myself I would wait until I finished something from the stack below.
Sometimes, I just can't help myself in reading and in my knitting.


And finally, I finished the rib at the hem, and now am knitting along on the first sleeve.


Ahh, and so not its Saturday.  


Stacked my  RIPS (reading in progresses) and realized something about them.  They are much like my knitting WIPS.  Varied with no shaming of having multiple reads going at the same time too, one never knows when you might to read something else. 

Am I alone in this, or do you like multiple books going at once?  

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!

No comments: