Sunday, April 23, 2006

This Was One Beautiful Weekend!

I cannot believe how blue the skies were and how great the sun was. It was just perfect. There was a nice breeze which made it even better. I shoulda been out tending to the flower beds, but I just couldn't pass this by. Yesterday and today, I spent some time sitting in my chair, listening to some blogs and knitting! Here's my little get up, complete with a foot stool.

On Saturday, I swatched my yarn for the Cutaway Jacket. It took me 4 tries to get one that was close to gauge. The yarn and pattern both call for Size 5 and I ended up with Size 3. I generally do have to go down a size or two. But, that means that the rib on this will have to be done on size 1. Eek, thats small.

In the course of swatching, I had to use an Inox circular that had a terrible join. It was okay when knitting but when I had to purl it kept getting caught on the join. I am thankful that I didn't have to use it when I casted on. Two years ago at Stitches Midwest, I won this pair of gold plated Addis that just so happen to be in a size 2! They knit like a dream.


The perfect weekend. Knitting!

No comments: