Saturday, February 19, 2022

A Little of This, A Little of That

 So some catch-up this Saturday in February.

The storm did come, with about 10 inches here at Chez PJKnits, but thankfully, not the ice, the lights stayed on and the sun came out yesterday to melt some away, it is out again today and temps are going to climb in a couple of days, so hopefully some will melt.


(The start of it on Wednesday) 
And I snowblowed successfully again.

While poopooing another round of Winter, I opened my Knitting Journal to the February page, and noticed something I had written at the bottom for February.


Which I did.  I pulled out yarn that I specifically bought for the cover of last year's Spring edition of Pom Pom magazine, and wound a couple of skeins. Found a bag to put the project in and went searching for size 2 16" needles to maybe cast on.


Which I could not find.  Which sent me to my WIPS to see where they could be, which turned into yesterdays organizing project...I'll tell you about that on next week's podcast.  

And again last week, while poo pooing my confinement due to the weather, I decided it was time to pull out my inspiration binder/Pinterest page and buy some yarn for a look I want to duplicate for Spring. (that will be in the podcast as well, but I will also share here later.

The yarn came yesterday, and of course, I had to go look for the perfect bag to hold the project in (thats what happens when you have a lot of bags, you can coordinate them with your project) and all the green things I had nearby.  Doesn't that green, just scream SPRING!


And finally to round off this bunch of this and that post, a look into a kitchenette up in my knitting den.
In the past it was always my yarn winding station, but these last few months, it is also my snack station.


I got the idea from my roomie at Knit Camp, Linda.  Thanks Linda, great idea!  And final side note, see that board across one half of the sink?  That was a board that we had as kids.  It dubbed as a writing board for homework, and for soup when we were sick.

Ahh, the memories!




No comments: