Sunday, April 23, 2023

Two Scrappy Blankets

 It's Scrappy Sunday!

Funny thing, both of my blankets, a knit one and a crochet one are from 2016!  

The first I have posted about all the time, but that is what happens when you only do one or two squares a week.  I am hoping by the end of this year, that I will be close to completing it and using it on a spare bed.


In late 2016, I had foot surgery, started watching knitting podcasts and was having problems with my hands, which we discovered was arthritis.  At the time, I heard about a crochet blanket using scraps, so I started one, thinking it would be a little easier on my hands.  Eh.

Since then, I occasionally pull it out to crochet a few stitches, but it really has not been getting a lot of time.  My bag of scraps is getting larger, and I was really contemplating just ending the blanket and donating the bag of scraps. 

And then this morning, I figured what the heck, pulled it out and did a row...I think I'll try doing a row every Sunday going forward too.


Maybe by the time my first grandchild goes to college, I'll have a blanket  to send with her.  Maybe. Stay Tuned!  

Have a great Sunday!  Hope your weather is better than ours, but we do have our knitting and crocheting!

No comments: