Tuesday, July 18, 2023

I'm Home

 Knitting Adventure #1 for July - Meg Swansen/Schoolhouse Press Knitting Camp 2023

Over the next few days, the blog is going to be all about Knitting Camp!  And lets just say this up front, if you ever have thought about going, make it happen next year!  Times awasting.

I arrived on Thursday, it took me about 5 1/2 hours and since I had time to kill before check-in, I headed to Weber Farms for my cheese curds and then found the Starbucks.  Heaven.

Fresh cheese curds, a drive thru for ice cream (I am sure it is from their farm's milk), milk and all sorts of cheeses.


 Made my way to the hotel a little early where, I just had to wait about 10 minutes for my room to be ready.  As I was traveling/rooming alone this year, I got to spread my sweaters and such out on the second bed to flatten out and pull from for wearing a day.  I'll spare you the bed pics.

Went down to the "Living Room", as we call the area outside the classroom, where we would gather at night, early morning coffee and in between meal snacks. 


Thursday night was just a gathering before dinner outside here, then into the dining room for introductions and dinner.  Camp includes our hotel room for all weekend long, dinner Thursday night, Friday through Monday hot breakfast (served buffet style), lunch Friday through Sunday, and snacks for the same period in the morning.


After dinner, we head into the classroom to claim our spots, the camp tote bag, a pen, notetaking paper and a folder with the brown book page, payment paper for items we buy, a nice little booklet and a list of the campers with their email addresses.  A very nice idea.


The classroom is so very well thought out, whomever is speaking is on mic so everyone can hear, a video camera zooms on techniques to be shared by Meg or Amy or any of the campers.  This year I sat in the back with my Susan Rainey of The Rainey Sisters (lets just say to sit and soak up her knitting knowledge is worth the price of camp) and Dorothy and her service dog ( of which I learned a bit of how to request to meet her dog.

Tomorrow’s blog - Knitting Camp takes off, prepare to have your mind blown!


No comments: