Friday, December 01, 2023

Advents Are A Starting

 I have three advents I am doing this year.


This is the second year I have joined a group of 3 other knitters and taken part in an advent swap.  All of the 24 yarns are tucked away in my festive box.  I will pull one out for each day between now and Christmas and add a square to my mitered square blanket.


The second is a set from last year that I won from the Grocery Girls, a set of stitch markers and progress keepers, one for each day.  I purposely saved it for this year.  Each of the markers or progress keepers will go in the square for the day from above.


The last one is a coffee advent from Door County Coffee.  I received one as a birthday gift last year, and had to have another this year.  Each day a different flavor of coffee is in the slot, and it is for a whole pot!


So for today, December 1st, 


here is what they all looked like early this morning, out of their boxes


and into square 1.


A great start to December and the holiday season.


No comments: