Saturday, January 14, 2006

Have you ever spent a night and most of the day trying to figure out just what you are going to do with some yarn that you bought, only to go back to the thought you had the night before?

Sometimes, for me, it takes a picture to drive it home. I bought some Koigu last summer at Stitches Midwest. The intent all along was it was going to be Candace Eisner Strick's Look At Me Poncho. Candace had worn it two years ago when I took a class from her and I have wanted to make it since then. But didn't. And lately as I look at it, I just don't see the yarn that I have becoming it. So, I went on the quest sometime ago for a different pattern. Earlier this Fall, I had decided to use it for a shrug, but have not because of other knitting committments and not being sure myself that a Shrug really would look good on me. I have a pattern I acquired and have been giving serious thought to. Margaret Radcliffe's Falling Water Shrug.

Last night I started this swatch. I am not finished with the swatch yet. Today, I went looking through some back Vogue Knitting Magazines and a few issues of Knitters just knowing I would fine something that called for the amount of Koigu I have. No such luck. So, tonight, I popped the picture up on the computer. I'm sold! I like the way it looks. Sometimes, it just takes a picture!

No comments: