Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Oh, My God It's Over!

I have to go back to work! After 11 days off, I woke up this morning and thought "oh, to have just one more day". Sorry, you can't. You gotta go back. Ugh! Why couldn't I be wealthy?!

I am pleased with what I accomplished on my time off. I wish I could be 100% sure that the stomach will behave today, but I'll just have to deal with it. I got most of the things done on my 11 days of Christmas List. There are a couple that are not fully complete, but still I pleased with what I accomplished.

Yesterday, I watched another EZ tape and started my Norwegian Cardigan. It's a process. I did a gauge swatch in the round, struggling around for several inches. Popped off the needles and discovered that the needle I had grabbed was in the wrong spot and was one size larger than I wanted. So, I brought out the correct size, popped it back on and knit a few more inches. Sure enough, it gave me the gauge I wanted.

Did the EPS calculations adding more stitches for my steek and the mirror imagae stitches that Meg discusses on the Cardi tape and in the Woolgathering. For some reason, I could not wrap my brain around that yesterday, finally succombing to stoppin the tape exactly where the steek was and counting her stitches AND then drawing myself a picture.

I am using the Charcoal Rangely Wool from Schoolhouse Press that I bought at my very first Knit Camp! Probably 1992 or 1994. It's a tough knit as it doesn't glide as nicely as some, but it is going to be oh so warm! This is going to be a fun project and I can't wait to see it progress.

Well, I have postponed it as long as I can, I must get my stuff ready for that four letter word! Feel for me all you people who get to stay home today!

No comments: