Saturday, January 21, 2006

The Saga of A Sock

An upclose of the sock leg. When all done, it appears a little wide through the leg and I am still not sure I am 100% in love with it. I liked the stitch really well and it would make a nice scarf texture or texture around a band on a sleeve or bottom of sweater.


The finished sock - from Betsy McCarthy's Sock Book


The first snafu. After picking up the heel stitches and knitting I bit, I discovered these holes I didn't like. Why didn't I see them earlier?


Merrily I was knitting along, when I discovered something not quite right. You can see it in the 2nd and 3rd row down from the needle. I thought about ignoring it, but....I ripped the booger back.


Ahhh, that's better.


And finally a sock complete before Christmas and Hanukkah. Only 1 more to go right? Right. It appears a little short, but after blocking it seemed a little better. This may be just a great sock just to wear around the house, Norma, you might not want to wear it out in public.


So I knit another pair for Norma cause I just wasn't in love with this pair. Those were on Thursday's post. And now that those are done, I find myself wanting a new pair, so I am casting on one for me....I just can't decide on what pattern it will be or how big of needle I want to use, but I do like the yarn I pulled out of my stash.

No comments: