Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Bringing Back WIP Wednesday

I am trying really hard to finish up some WIPS before August is over, which means I'm bringing back WIP Wednesday and hopefully having #3knitwips before we slide into September.

It was a perfect day to take some photos out on the front porch, the light was really good.


First up is my Zoom knitting project, also, my I just don't want to pay attention knitting.  It is the L Cowl from Elgin Knitworks out of Direful Yarns slasher sock and a strand of Rico Design Essentials, super kid mohair and silk.  The pattern came with the purchase of the yarn.  Both yarns are new to me, and Direful is a local to Elgin Knitworks dyer, and the mohair and silk is from Italy.

It's pretty fun, as you would expect to see what the next color coming up is each time.


Next up is the Pressed Flowers Shawl, that I recast on because I was having a bit of brain fog as to how to execute.  A second try had me back on task.  This one is out of a  Skein Cocaine kit, I've blogged about before.

I have to admit, I haven't given it as much love, because I do need to kind of pay attention to the chart when knitting, and right now so many other knits are calling me.


Beatrice Mitts by Leslie Friend comes up third in the WIPs this month.  I am hoping to have them done for the Give a Boost KAL that is going on over at the Frivolous and Frugal group on Ravelry by the end of the month as well.

But, what I really have been working on, because, well frankly, I totally want to get it done and be done with it, is the Darth Vader Cape my oldest grandson requested last Spring.   It's time to get it done and off my list.  It is a boring knit, but what grandkids ask for, I try to accommodate, at least when it comes to knitting.


As much as I want to cast on some sweaters, I am really trying hard to focus on these four, at least through the end of the month!  Wish me luck!


No comments: