Thursday, December 01, 2022

Advent Calendars 2022 and Day 1

 When I was a kid, we didn't have a thing called an Advent Calendar. It was just lately as a knitter that I knew there was such a thing that could hold fun things or candy.  Now, there are  Advents for everyone, Knitters, Coffee Drinkers, Wine, Beer, etc.

I super excited about three that I have, one was a birthday gift, one was from Chelsea Yarns that I purchased, and the third a collection from a group of four knitters that a friend asked me to be a part of.





I took the three sets from the knitters and added them to my Paris box, along with the Chelsea Yarns Advent 

so each day I can open them together.  The presents I will put under my tree when I get it up, and so Christmas morning, I will have some fun things to open up.


The Advents from the four of us are going into my Scrappy Blanket, and it is my intention that I will knit one square each day as I have in the past.  The advent from Chelsea Yarns is yet to be decided, I am leaning toward a pullover, just need to maybe get some mohair to throw in with it.  The theme for it is Apres Ski 2022.

Here is Day 1, with all of my lovely openings ~~

Chelsea Yarns - Apres Ski, Coffee for later with a little Bourbon Cream in it, and Day 1 from my friend Peggy, whose mini is from yarn she bought in Florence, Italy, a Lana Gross a yarn.

Day 1 Block, using Peggy's yarn, and a progress keeper to mark the first day of squares for Advent.

And for today and all December long,  let's choose Joy!




No comments: