Sunday, May 28, 2023

We Interrupt Montreal

 For the last Sunday in May, which as it is not only Scrappy Sunday, it is the Indy 500!  I have been a fan, attending my first one in 6th grade, watching on t.v. when we couldn't attend, and I lived in Indy for a short while, very short while I was a Senior in high school.  Had we stayed in Indy, there is no doubt in my mind that I would have been working at the Speedway in some capacity.

As always now, I watch it, still as excited as I ever was, now, with my knitting always in hand, until almost the end, when I have to put my knitting down to see who eeks across the finish line.

Today's race definitely was an odd one, something I have never seen.

And because I was eager to knit on other things before the race, I did manage to knit one final square for May in my Scrappy blanket.

It was just a tad chilly this morning, and luckily since the blanket is quite large, it was easy to cover the tootsies up with it, while knitting on it.

I, also, cast on a new project from the Mouche and Friends book that I bought at Espace Tricot last week.

I now have a pig nose. LOL


And onto the body of my Salty Air Tee for the race and the rest of the holiday weekend knitting!


Have a great Holiday!!


No comments: