Friday, May 12, 2023

Finally Finished Friday

 There is a couple of finished objects this week and neither of them took very long.

First up Friend to Friend by Leslie Friend.  Leslie gifted this super fast and fun shrug a few weeks back when it first came to watchers of her podcast.  I've knitted her Beatrice mitts and hope to knit a Hospice blanket soon out of her blanket she designed.


The yarn is an alpaca/silk that is scrumptious, that my friend, Anita gifted me last year when I really needed something fun.  It was perfect for this shrug, and I am already thinking about knitting another one, out of a non-alpaca.  You can check my project out on Ravelry, by clicking here

The second finished object for this Friday is Sommerknus by Elsebeth Judith. 



 I knit it out of the last of my Cascade Ultra Pima in Teal (rather the last garment I'm going to knit out of this colorway for now).

Happily, it came out of my pys.


All the details of this knit can also be found  here.   I like it, but don't love it on me.  Even though, I got gauge and the finished measurements were a size 42, I think on this type of sweater and yarn together, I really need to go with less ease.


And finally for this Friday, I was able to get out this morning early and do some knitting on the porch.  It started to rain a touch, but still it was a nice start to the morning.


Oh, and I cast on a new sweater for Summer.


No comments: