Friday, January 29, 2021

Finally Finished Friday

 I finished my Advent 2020 socks last weekend and am loving them!  Let me tell you all about them and why!



I purchased for the first time ever last year, The Cozy Knitter 2020 Advent 24-stripe after seeing Debbie's last year.  I thought, what the heck.  What fun, right?

The yarn comes so you can somewhat easily wind two separate balls so you can knit both socks at a time with your chosen way.

Since I had never knit with it before, I checked out what other knitters did last year and decided to knit my cuffs, heels and toes out of Loladidit Naked Hippo yarn that was leftover in my stash from another project.  The Loladidit yarn is a bit softer than the advent stripe yarn, so we will see down the road how it holds up in the heels and toes.

I knit on DPNs and had two sets so that I could cast on both of them and knit a stripe a day throughout Advent.  That worked until about a week before Christmas, when my hand started giving me a bit of trouble, so I sat them aside.

After a Zoom or two with some friends, I decided to try magic loop again.  Surprisingly for someone who said they wouldn't do it again, I liked it, especially by the second sock.  I still converted. back to my DPNs for the toes, only because I like the way my toe fits.  But, I am going to investigate doing it via magic loop on a sock that I have in progress.  

These socks also were a test because I decide to try and revamp my old vanilla sock that I have knit before into some nicer instructions, also eliminating the rib cuff and by using size 2 for the knitting until the heel and then switching over to size 1 through the end of the toe to make it not so loose.

I'll let you all know how that works out.

I'm itching right now to cast on new socks via magic loop, writing out my pattern along the way, but first I've got another WIP pair of socks that I want to test magic loop out on. 

Stay tuned!

No comments: