Tuesday, January 05, 2021

Knits for the New Year

I love this quote from a notebook that a friend gifted me sometime ago.  My sentiments again this year.  It's okay to see what the rest of the world is knitting, but for 2021, I really am going to try and remember this for my knitting.  

Look, watch, listen, and then knit what I want to knit, not what everyone else is knitting.


My New Year's Day cast on.  A blanket for my daughter-in-law's sister's new baby to come this year.  The parents are doing the nursery in woodland creatures.  I have pulled the colors of the woods in greens for one of my favorite baby blankets to make, Heavenly Heathers.


A few more rows on my Sun Valley Advent yarns shawl and this will be finally finished.  


 I did not end up using 10 days of the advent, as they just didn't go with my new top, so I am saving them for something else down the road, I think the two color ways go better together, then with the first 15.


There are a couple of sweaters and a special Knitmas knit, that I'll blog about in the coming days.  Hope you all are having a great start to the new year!

No comments: