Tuesday, January 26, 2021

My Latest Obsession

 Why yes, I cast on another blanket out of scraps. But, first an update on the two that are on the needles.  And just as a reminder, these are long term projects.  I really don't have any planned date to finish them.

I am doing at least a square a week on the Mitered Square Blanket, just because if I didn't, it would never get finished.  I chose Sundays as Scrappy Sundays to work the square.  Last Sunday I did two and then started on a third, just because. I particularly liked watching the beige one develop, to see where the gray pattern would fall.


My crochet scrappy blanket has been living in the basement next to the washer, and even though I would occasionally add a few stitches to it, I decided it was time it came upstairs and promised myself it would get at least a half a row every Sunday.  Otherwise, it will just be a long scarf some day.


Last Summer, some friends were knitting on the Habitation Throw by Helen Stewart.  It looked like a fun scrappy blanket that I would like to knit some day.  Even before Summer, I started pulling all the leftover finger weight yarns I had collected for the mitered blanket and decided they really needed to go into some sort of scrappy blanket for me. 

So, yesterday, I decided to cast on a Habitation Throw with my Ocean Colors.


This knit is like potato chips. Add a yarn and see what it looks like. 

I am not really using any rhyme or reason when picking the next color, just using the smaller amounts for the start of the throw for now.


This is my latest obsession and I am loving it, no apolgies!



No comments: