Friday, July 24, 2020

Puttin On The Knits

I have been seeing a lot of comments out in the knitting world, about how we are all are knitting, but have no place to go and wear our new knits.  I have to admit, I have had more than my share of days, when I have thrown on my ratty jeans or shorts that I would only be caught dead in public in and a t-shirt on to sit in front of my computer screen for Zoom knitting.

Two items that I have never went a day without has been earrings and lipstick.  Well, yes, blush and mascara too, not because I thought anyone was going to really be looking at me and noticing, but really for me.  I really dislike walking by a mirror and seeing my pasty face looking back at me.

Today, I decided it was time to start changing my look for Zoom meetings and just for life in general. It's time to start putting on the knits, even if it just for me. 


Last month, I knit Heidi Kirrmaier's Big Wave tank.  I have a really cool jean jacket that is great with it, but lets be honest, 1. the jean jacket isn't really very practical for sitting around the house or zooming and 2. it is way to heavy for 85-90 degree weather!

I still wanted to wear my Big Wave, and as it so happens, I have this nice little Summer Cardi from Knitting Pure and Simple out of Boku that I knit several years ago, that goes perfectly with it!



I paired the outfit with the cutest earrings, that I purchased from Roro Jewelry Designs during early Covid, because I wanted to support Indie artists, and one of my favorite shade of Lancome Lipsticks, Sugar Maple.

The whole combo made me feel good, and when I saw it on camera during the Zoom, it just made me feel happy, and right now, I think we need to be happy, even if it is just puttin on the knits.  Go ahead, do it!

No comments: