Tuesday, July 28, 2020

Together Apart KAL

Over on the pjknits Ravelry group and on instagram, we are knitting the Together Apart Shawl.

It is so much fun to see the combos emerge.

This is mine so far. I am using Heritage Sock yarn, in a teal color way that was in my stash.  The contrast is from my friend Debbie.  I am housing it in my ZK@Home goodie bag from Silver Shed USA.  (Side note, I wasn't sure I would like waxed canvas, but it turns out I like it!)



Sunday night I had a bit of a funny with it.  I got to the lace section and was using the written info to do the lace.  I knit the first couple of rows, and each time I got to the end and was off.  What?!

I said to myself, I wonder why Melanie did not include a chart? I went back to my pattern, I had tucked the rest of the pages away for now, and what do you think I found?  You got it, the charts!  Duh!

I am now back on track, putting in some markers for the repeats and am finally motoring along!


Something I love doing is give aways when knitters participate in my KALs.  I found this cute kit, that Molly Klein Designs had on instagram, and I thought it would be perfect for the KAL as a prize! I love Molly's bags, and if you remember, every time she does a Snoopy one, well, I just have to have it!

The KAL runs through the end of Summer, September 20th, so there is still time to join us and post pics in the group under Episode 42.  

Knit On!

No comments: