Sunday, July 05, 2020

How Was Your 4th?

Wasn't this an odd 4th of July?!  Since every fireworks display in Illinois was cancelled, the neighbors every where did not let them stop from giving us a show from the front porch!




And even though I had no business doing it, I cast on a sweater for Winter.  I just could not resist jumping on the Marie Greene bandwagon and casting on her 4 Day KAL with Soundtracks with three of my Knit Wit friends.


And I am using stash yarn from at least three years ago at Stitches Midwest.  How is that for stashdown?! 

Navy and Winter Sky are the color ways from Webs Valley Yarns in Alpaca, and we know how I like my Alpaca.  I won't be using all of my Winter Sky, but am already thinking it would make a nice shawl for Fall wearing.  Hmmm, if I have enough of the navy left, it might just be the ticket for a Fall poncho...


So far a simple, fun knit with slipped stitches that I am liking a lot these days.


 Now, I know that I am not going to finish this in 4 days, because I do have a couple of other sweaters on the needles, both of which I would like to have done this week yet, but this one sure is fun for now.

Have a great Sunday and see you on Monday!

No comments: