Saturday, May 29, 2021

What Are Your Plans for the Holiday Weekend?

 I finished up Sandpiper last night and it is awaiting to be blocked downstairs. It will fit nicely into an ensemble that I am putting together.  Thee yarn itself, Baby Bunny is some longtime stash yarn that I am glad to have out of my stash and into a Summer sweater/poncho. ( I am still undecided as to whether I will sew the side seams up or leave it open for a capelet of sorts.)


Today, I am looking at a basket of Summer yarns and deciding what should be my next Summer sweater cast on. 

 I had two in mind, and cast on one, knit a bit on it and then decided as much as I liked the look of the Summer Sorrel, I just wasn't super keen on the knitting of it.  So, I ripped it out.  The second one that I also cast on, the Perfect Summer T,  is from a deep dive of stash as well.  It is definitely a contender as soon as I get the gauge down.  It will be one that once I get it together in the round will be a great knit for down on the riverfront. 


It has been a bit chilly here recently and rainy yesterday, but today, still chilly, but at least the sun was shining and the sky was a beautiful blue. I have been enjoying the blooms on my two rose bushes.

Tomorrow is  the Indy 500, a race that I used to attend with my Dad and one that I always watch on t.v. the Sunday before Memorial Day is back to its regularly scheduled time and day with fans in the seats.  That's where you will find me tomorrow!


Along with my knitting!


No comments: