Wednesday, July 05, 2023

Reorganizing or Procrastination?

 A month or so ago, I sat down and re-organized my knitting bookcases.  They were in need for sure of reorganization.  Prior to sitting down, they were grouped, sort of, with the same subjects or designers, but at times, some books were put a bit off.

I touched every one of the books, and gave thought as to whether they were books that I wanted to keep, would ever want to knit out of or in the case of just a few, they were duplicates.

I pulled a stack out and here they sit, waiting for a good home.  I am going to start by taking a couple up to Knitting Camp, to see if anyone would want them, the rest will go to the Mini Meet-up at the end of the month.  Those that don't find a home, will make their way back here and the eventually to Goodwill.

A few weeks back, a friend gifted me 24 nice hard clear plastic bins with lids.  They sat in my living room until I had some time late last week and on Saturday, to clean and bring them upstairs, to start the process of reorganizing my yarn.

Just like my books, I touched every ball, hank and skein of yarn.  This time I organized them into the bins, much like they were before in just the wire racks by weight, but also, separating out, strictly sock yarns intended for socks, finger weight yarn that was two skeins or more, DK, Madtosh, Alpacas, yarns for baby, etc.

It took me most of Friday afternoon/evening and part of Saturday morning, but the result is getting a lot of yarn into some bins, 

pulling some that I have no intentions of ever knitting with, but also, a nice array of yarns for some more Colorshifts, a sweater start, and some just general thoughts of yarn that may go together.

Which started me on yesterdays, reorganizing of thoughts in my journal as to what knitting I would like to do for the rest of the year and a sort of timeline for completion.

You see, if I don't I am flitting from project to project and not accomplishing much else.  The whole exercise, my knitting library, the yarn reorganizing and the reorganizing of possible knitting projects, helped me to do a mid-year refocus too of where I want to go with my knitting life.

It feels good, even if at this writing, I have yet to put a stitch in my Burra Cowl.  

Catch you on the purl side.


No comments: